Bonjour mes belles,
What a week! This week Maison No.20 turned 8 years old and I was not sure what kind of birthday cake I would make to mark the occasion.
I mentioned to our guests that I was keen to try out a nutella and banana muffin recipe. Our young and adorable Irish guest thought that this would be a good idea....end result I made them and our guests loved them.
I hope that you do too.
Nutella and Banana Muffins
230 grams (1 3/4 cups) self raising flour
150 grams (3/4 cup) granulated white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large free range eggs, lightly beaten
113 grams (1/2 cup) melted unsalted butter
3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1 banana for decoration (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tbsp Nutella, at room temp
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C or 350F. Line your muffin tins with paper liners.
2.In one bowl combine your flour, sugar & salt.
3. In another combine your eggs, butter, mashed bananas & vanilla.
4. Tip one into the other and gently fold together. Note the batter should be mixed, but look a bit lumpy.
5. Divide your mixture between your cases, each one should be just about half full.
6. Take a teaspoon of slightly warm Nutella and pop a blob onto the centre of each muffin. Use a cocktail stick or skewer to swirl the Nutella into the muffin without turning the whole thing chocolatey.Repeat with each muffin.
7. Slice a banana and place a slice on top of each muffin. This is optional and purely for decoration purposes.
8. Place the muffins onto the middle shelf of your oven and bake for 20-25 mins, when they’re done you should be able to stick a skewer into the centre and have it come out clean.
bon vendredi à tous, Leeann x