French food Friday - Smoked Salmon Omlette


photo and recipe from here

Sorry that this post is a bit late but it was a busy week and I am just starting to catch up with chores that did not get done during the week.
I do not know about you but I love an omlette and French Boyfriend makes the best omlettes that I have ever eaten.
If you like smoked salmon then I am sure that you will like this recipe which is a Raymond Blanc recipe and a favourite of mine.

Smoked Salmon Omlette

 Ingredients  

3 medium organic/free range eggs
1 pinch Sea salt
1 pinch Freshly ground black pepper
5g Unsalted butter, plus a little extra melted butter to serve
30g Smoked salmon slices
2 sprigs chives, finely chopped to serve



METHOD

In a large bowl, gently beat the eggs together using a fork with a pinch each of salt and pepper.

In the omelette pan, heat the butter until it begins to foam. Pour in the egg mixture and cook undisturbed for a few seconds, allowing the omelette to set lightly before stirring the set part in towards the centre. Repeat this motion 4 or 5 times until the omelette has formed but is still soft and creamy in the centre. This way you will achieve the perfect texture.

Scatter the pieces of salmon in the middle of the omelette and then fold the sides towards the centre. Turn the omelette out onto a warmed plate, brush with a little melted butter and sprinkle with snipped chives to serve.  


bon appetit à tous, Leeann x

Comments

  1. My husband used to go to Zabars in NYC early on a Sunday and buy smoked salmon and fresh bagels and this and that ... we would have a big brunch with all the goodies .. Dinner was usually omelettes with some of the smoked salmon inside them ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a lot of time working in NYC and every morning I had a bagel for breafast. I also found a cafe in San Francisco famous for it's spreads which I adored.
    I am toying with the idea of trying to make some but I am not sure they will taste as good as the NY ones...
    amicalement, Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am REALLY have to try this! I love salmon, but when it's not fresh, I don't like to eat it by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment