recipe from hereBonjour mes belles,
This is not a French recipe but I served them up yesterday as our village hosted stage 11 and I wanted to make something Tour de France inspired so popped a red bike on top of each.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tin. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Evenly distribute cake batter. Each cupcake liner should be about ½ full.
- Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Prepare Buttercream Frosting according to instructions.
bon vendredi à tous, Leeann x