Eco-deco - my favourite new words...

Photo Crédit : ©Francis van de Walle


When I saw an article in a French magazine with the words "eco-deco" in the heading I thought this is me.

Don't get me wrong, I adore going shopping and buying new things but I also get great satisfaction from recycling and breathing life into an old piece of furniture or linen. There is something special about old items, they have history and behold secrets, untold stories........and we by carefully restoring these precious objects extend that life even further.

Love these words "eco- deco" and plan to do a lot of "eco-deco" in the coming months. I will also be introducing a new friend who is eco-deco in every sense of the word, this week and I promise that you will love her and the fabulous items that she creates.

What about you? Are you "eco-deco"? Dites-moi....

A très bientôt j'espère,
Leeann x

Comments

  1. Eco-deco - mais oui!

    And we subscribe to Greenpeace trying to save our planet, whales and all too!!! I hope you don't mind the plug.

    I love restoring things, bringing the original beauty back and repurposing.
    I look forward to more eco-deco this week!
    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oui, je suis eco-deco aussi. Je n'aime pas les grandes magasins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oui~Oui J'adore eco-deco. ~I love searching out old jugs and bowls and using them for vases, salad bowls etc ~ I also love to fill vintage bowls with water & float old fashioned roses atop.
    ~Dianne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely buy anything new! Well maybe underwear! But I think I am Eco Deco!
    Theresa
    aka:TOT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this saying too.. but is it "Eeeco Deeko" or "Echo-Decko" do you think, in pronunciation..?! either way - I plan on repeating it over and over - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..........the very reason why I'm now a neophyte 'antiques dealer' and am selling time-worn treasures from my little booth!

    Mary - A Breath of Fresh Air

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment